Industrial Food Manufacturing Equipment: How R&D and 3D Concepts Help in the Success of a Production Line09 March 2022
Before any technological advancements, many food manufacturers only rely on manual work to generate their products. The products produced may have high quality, but the total time needed to produce a specific number of products can be too long.
Fortunately, technological advancements have allowed food manufacturing businesses to utilise numerous types of equipment. The processes involved in generating food products have likewise been improved through research and design (R&D) as well as three-dimensional (3D) concepts. The following are essential things you should know about the food manufacturing industry.
Most Common Food Manufacturing Processes
There are multiple food manufacturing processes that the food manufacturing industry can carry out. Some of these processes are as follows:
- Food preparation– Food preparation entails the grading, drying, washing, peeling, skinning, and sorting of food products. Some examples of equipment pieces used for food preparation are sorting conveyors and pressure vessels.
- Mechanical processing – Mechanical processing, alternatively, involves steps that would modify the size of products, ensuring that they can be offered in specified quantities and amounts for consumers. Emulsifiers, band saws, and confectionary moulders are some tools used for this process.
- Heat processing – Heat processing is another food manufacturing process that converts mixed goods into ready-to-eat products. The equipment pieces used for this process can bake, blanch, dehydrate, evaporate, fry, roast, and sterilise food products.
- Preservation– To ensure that food products can last longer, the process of preservation must take place. This specific process, fortunately, can be carried out by convective dryers, freezers, or refrigeration units as they can easily refrigerate and preserve food content.
- Food packaging– Food packaging, ultimately, is a food manufacturing process wherein products are filled, sealed, checked, cleaned, and stored before their general production or consumption.
Ensuring Success with R&D and 3D Concepts
Now, even with various food manufacturing equipment pieces, the food production line can only become successful if various R&D and 3D concepts are considered and established.
Four areas in food manufacturing-related R&D should be prioritised by the industry. The first area would be unit process level technologies, which create or enhance food manufacturing processes. The second area would be machine level technologies, which aims to improve manufacturing equipment pieces. Systems-level technologies would follow, providing vital innovations in the manufacturing enterprise. Ultimately, the environmental or societal level technologies, which aim to improve the workforce, are the last area that must be considered in food manufacturing-related R&D.
As for 3D concepts, the food manufacturing industry must carry out three things. These things are conceptualisation, prototyping, and end product production of food products.
Combining the results of R&D and 3D concepts can help in improving the food production line since every process will be optimised. All the activities related to food production are expected to be snappy without incurring too many expenses. Any issues or problems that may hamper food production are likewise identified during R&D and rendering 3D concepts. Innovations in terms of quality, taste, and others are even expected with the combination of R&D and 3D concepts.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO